Today we read Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It is a favorite of mine and is a story that we have not read yet this year! I have a wonderful puppet to go along with the story, so it certainly makes it fun! I also have created a Goldilocks and Three Bears Story Unit. It is perfect for preschool aged children, but we (toddlers and I) also found some activities to do too! More about that later... first up- 13 Bear Activities!
- Printable Goldilocks and Three Bears Puppet Craft: Print, color and cut out the puppets for the Goldilocks and Three Bears story. From: Learn, Create, Love.
- Bear Footprint Craft: Use a little kid foot to create a bear keepsake craft. From: House of Burke.
- Circle Bear Craft: Focus on the circle shape all while creating a cute bear craft. From: Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas.
- Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Song Printable: Adorable song printable for Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear. From: Creative Preschool Resources.
- Paint a Brown Bear: A great bear craft for toddlers!
- Panda Bear Puppet: Check out what was used to create the head of this bear puppet. Good idea! From: No Time for Flash Cards.
- Goopy Bear Hunt: This fine motor sensory activity will have children digging through goop to find bears! From: Mummy Musings & Mayhem.
- Brown Bear Resources: Here are some creative resources to use with the story, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you See?
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt Activities: There is a great sequencing activity that is both visual and hands on for the book, We're Going on a Bear Hunt. From: Rockabye Butterfly.
- Brown Bear Story Magnets: Colorful animal magnets, cut with a Cricut for sequencing fun.
- Gummy Bear Science: What will happen when gummy bears are placed in water? From: Teach Preschool.
- Bear Cave Counting Game: Fun little counting game with gummy bears and 'cave'. From: Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Brown Bear Felt Board: Felt boards are a great way to re-tell a story. Come see our Brown Bear felt board pieces.
As previously mentioned, I created a new Story Unit for Goldilocks and the Three Bears. We did a couple of activities from the pack today. My three year old was really into sorting the bowls, chairs and beds to match the size of bear. We also made a cute goldilocks puppet and pretended to run away from the bears!
Bears are pretty cool. We have a polar bear at our local zoo and he is amazing. He is quite personable and the kids love him! So, when I found out that a new Disney Nature movie called BEARS was coming out, I knew we had to plan on seeing it! The good folks at Disney also put together a Bears Family Pack of activities that is full of fun and education!
Did you know that you can get my Brown Bear Story Unit for FREE?
Yep, it is true. Just look to the right (on my sidebar) and sign up for my newsletter! You will get the Brown Bear Story Unit for free!