Need an easy learning idea without needing to go out to buy materials? How about dominoes?! Most families have a set of dominoes at home ready to be played with. But, dominoes can also be used as a wonderful learning tool. Check out some of the ideas in this round-up of 'Learning with Dominoes'!
1. Add a deck of cards and you have a wonderful numeral to domino match up! Head over to Kids Activities Blog for more info (and other ways to play).
2. Who doesn't love stack dominoes side by side and knock them over? Well, Therapy Fun Zone used blocks to make this domino chain even trickier!
3. This Domino Doubles Game from Creative Family Fun is a fun way to get your kiddos counting and seeing double!
4. Sometimes it just fun to build with dominoes-- make a tower and knock it down. Or build shapes, letters and numbers! Great ideas can be found at Kid's Activities Blog.
5. Can you fill all the parking spaces with the Domino Parking Lot game? It's fun and learning together! Teach Mama even has a link to free gameboard!
6. Count and create your own dominoes with this neat activity from Teach Preschool!
Do you have a non-traditional way to use dominoes? Tell me about it below!